We have three levels of governance:
Our Members are akin to the shareholders of a company, except that as a charity we accrue no profits. The Trust can have no fewer than three Members, the majority of whom cannot also be Trustees. Independent Members have an overview of the governance arrangements of the Trust and appoint the Trustees. Our current Members are:
Rev Sue Cooke
Our second level of governance is the GLT Trust Board. There are currently eleven trustees (who are also company directors).
The Board is:
- Responsible for setting the strategic direction for the Trust, including key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Accountable for the educational performance of the Trust and all schools within it
- Responsible for determining Trust-wide policies as appropriate
- The employer of all Trust staff
The Board has the following subcommittees:
|Audit & Risk
|Local Governing Bodies
Our third level of governance comprises the Trust subcommittees and a Local Governing Body (LGB) for each School:
Each Local Governing Body:
- Is responsible to the Trust Board for the performance of the school
- Supports and challenges the Headteacher and the school leadership to secure strong student performance
- Provides oversight and monitoring of the school’s activities to ensure an excellent standard of education is delivered
- Ensures that the School KPIs set by the Trust Board are delivered alongside the school development plan
- Contributes to the wider work of the Trust through membership of Trust subcommittees
We are committed to the highest standards of governance and publish an annual Governance Handbook that clearly sets out how the Trust operates and who is accountable for what.
We’re always keen to speak to potential Trustees and School Governors. If you’re interested in volunteering with us, you can sign up to our waiting list here.