We're recruiting for a new headteacher at Wallington High School for Girls - one of the most exciting school leadership opportunities in the sector.
Wallington High School for Girls (WHSG) is a large, highly successful girls’ school. It aims to empower girls and young women by delivering a first-class education and providing an inspirational start to their futures.
Each school in the Trust is encouraged to develop its own special identity, so headteachers have a substantial degree of autonomy to be leaders and shapers of their school’s ethos whilst also being part of the Trust's professionally collaborative executive team.
We are seeking to appoint a headteacher who has energy, passion and integrity to lead the school into its next phase.
Our ideal candidate will
- Be the standard bearer for the vision, values and ethos of Wallington High School for Girls
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, underpinned by effective systems and high professional standards, in order to attain excellence in every aspect of the school’s provision
- Possess strong intellectual abilities, first class strategic and communication skills, and a substantial background in senior leadership
- Thrive on both the autonomy of headship and being a member of the executive group, which supports the trustees in the future strategic development of the Girls’ Learning Trust.
We will provide you with:
- Inspiring students who are the very best ambassadors and advocates for their school
- An outstanding senior leadership team who will give unstinting support
- A highly qualified, skilled and committed staff team who work extremely hard for their students and who are proud to teach at Wallington High School for Girls
- A talented Governing Body and Trust Board to plan strategically for school improvement whilst allowing you operational autonomy
- A commitment to staff wellbeing and professional development.
We warmly welcome prospective applicants to visit the school. Visits will be available on the mornings of Thursday 9th February and Tuesday 21st February between 10am and 12 noon.
There will also be an opportunity to ask the CEO questions about this post, remotely via Teams, on Tuesday 21st February, late afternoon.
Please contact Carol.Jones@ascl.org.uk if you wish to book in for any of the visits or the Q & A session with the CEO. These opportunities do not form any part of the interview process.
This appointment is supported by ASCL’s Leadership Appointment Service. If you feel inspired to discover more about this exciting opportunity, need any further information, or you would like to have an informal discussion please contact Carol Jones on 07958256190 or email Carol.Jones@ascl.org.uk for further information.
- Closing date for applications is: 9am, Monday 27th February 2023
- Short-listing will take place on: Friday 3rd March 2023
- Interviews will be held on: Thursday 9th and Friday 10th March 2023
- The post is available from 1st September 2023